KR Recruitment Luxembourg are delighted to be recruiting this Backend Software Engineer for our client which is the European founder and Leader in its business. You’ll be part of a growing international team building a chart leading app that’s making a real difference in the lives of everyday people.
The group will offer you a climate that will allow you to have significant ownership, autonomy, and significant impact. You will also have a “work life” balance and inclusive culture that you will enjoy working within!
Your main responsibilities:
- Work on algorithmic systems that may cover NLP, classification, recommendation, and optimization for topics such as fraud and spam detection, category and semantic extraction, and more
- Orchestrate an Amazon cloud empire that uses Lambda, Redshift, Kinesis, and the latest infrastructure technologies to serve millions of users and hundreds of millions of requests monthly
- Innovate, implement, and iterate on the online and offline server infrastructure and codebase
- Collaborate with others across our engineering, product, design, and commercial teams
- Actively contribute to product strategy across the board
- Combine data, experience, and intuition to delight and astound the users
- Operate within a strong devops culture, with ownership covering all parts of the software lifecycle from concept through development, testing, and support
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in production backend development, preferably at significant scale.
- Deep understanding of lean software development: build, measure, learn, iterate – code with a clear purpose and experiment with metrics in mind
- Good sense of responsibility to ship quick, quality releases for a highly used and loved app – an innate understanding of when to go fast and when to go slow
- Solid foundations in general software engineering and both systems and release engineering concepts
- Strong analytical and technical problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Java (or similar) within a web services context
- Proficiency with relational and non-relational database and data pipeline concepts
- Expertise with cloud systems architecture
- Fluency with Linux and open source systems administration
- Exposure to statistical and algorithmic development, and the use or implementation of machine learning libraries and approaches, is a big plus
- Professional working proficiency with English
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please email us your CV in the first instance, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Mohamed Benmelouka, 00352 27 85 30 24.
Kr Recruitment is a leading executive resourcing company based in heart of Luxembourg. Offering a flexible range of recruitment services, we specialize in sourcing the best talent for the Financial Services & commercial / Industrial sectors. Visit our website at www.krrecruitment.com.