KR Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Linux System Administrator for an exciting young tech group in Luxembourg. This is a truly unique opportunity for the Luxembourg market. The successful candidate will be getting in at the ground floor of a fast growing EU top company. Fantastic career prospects on offer.
The system administrator reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and is responsible for the overall company IT infrastructure. He also provides support to the employees to solve their daily technical issues.
The system administrator has overall responsibility for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. As technical expert in the system administration area, he will make recommendation for the (re)design and the configuration of complex cloud operating systems and system applications. He will also investigate and analyze feasibility of system requirements and develop system.A key objective is to ensure the compliance and the adherence to all the data security and confidentiality policies.
• Solves issues, drives enhancements, and improves support for all IT related functions on a day to day basis: operational support, application support, and service delivery.
• Install and configure and maintain operational infrastructure.
• Install and configure testing and production environment.
• Project manage field specific components related to operational goals and application support.
• Contact and collaborate with software and hardware vendors to solve technical issues as needed.
• Produce and maintain the technical documentation in appropriate repositories;
• Participate, develop and maintain service level agreements and assist in driving the support knowledge base.
• Prepare the company for new product / service releases and stay on the forefront of emerging industry practices, ensuring compliance with IT security and general controls.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, 3+ year experience or equivalent.
• Linux install, configuration, and troubleshooting.
• Windows Server installation, support, and troubleshooting in various deployments.
• Server Patching and Upgrade Maintenance.
• Server and storage hardware.
• Configuration of switches, routers, and VPN.
• Virtualization technologies (Xen Server, VMWare, Hypervisor).
• Containerization software experience (Docker).
• Backup and system monitoring tools (Zabix).
• Technical certifications are a plus.
• Methodical and disciplined approach to problem solving.
• Ability to be on-call 24x7.
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
• Strong scripting skills with experience in Python, Bash or other scripting languages.
• Implemented automatic configuration system (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, CFEngine, etc).
• The understanding of the DevOps and Agile mindsets will also be essential.
For a confidential discussion to get more details regarding this role, please send your CV in the first instance to email@example.com or call Aissatou SY, +352 27 85 30 27
KR Recruitment is a leading executive resourcing company based in heart of Luxembourg City. Offering a flexible range of recruitment services, we specialise in sourcing the best talent for the Financial Services & Commercial / Industrial sectors. Visit our website at www.krrecruitment.com