Member of the AIFM’s governing body and Conducting Officer responsible for risk management and compliance.
Personal and professional values alignment, particularly amongst the management team, is how the company retains its unique culture of success. Our teams of principled and empathetic people build collegiality to create an environment that fosters a drive for accuracy and diligence. With the courage of our convictions we embrace accountability for our decisions and actions. Our humility deeply commits us to continuous improvement.
• Manager of two direct reports:
– Compliance Officer in charge of compliance, UCIs administration, complaints and requests handling, AML and Marketing matters; and
– Assistant Financial Controller in charge of accounting and valuation.
• Act as the key point of contact with the CSSF in connection with all risk and compliance related matters.
• Manage regulatory upstream risk matters in Luxembourg, assessing the relevance and impact on the AIFM and managing the business readiness for change in regulations.
• Implement an effective risk management framework in order to identify, measure, manage and monitor on an ongoing basis all risks relevant to the AIFM.
• Provide the governing body of the AIFM with quarterly updates on each AIF’s compliance with the risk limits set and the adequacy and effectiveness of the risk management process.
• Ensure that the risk profile of the AIFs corresponds to the size, portfolio structure and investment strategies and objectives of the AIF and notifying the AIFM’s governing body in a timely manner if the AIF’s risk profile is inconsistent.
• Complete risk assessments on any new investments made by the AIFs and assess their overall effect on the AIFs portfolio.
• Work with the portfolio manager on the onboarding of new funds.
• Work with the portfolio manager to investigate and rectifying any risk and compliance breaches.
• Supervise all regulatory reporting to the CSSF, ensuring all reports are completed accurately within the statutory time limits.
• Participate in the companies Europe’s Risk team meetings, to keep in touch with what is happening in the European business.
• Supervise the periodic review of all compliance and risk policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with the obligations laid down in the AIFMD.
• Liaise with the companies European business to ensure compliance with applicable local data protection regulations in EU.
Qualifications and Experience
• Legal, finance or risk management qualification from any European jurisdiction preferable
• At least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in another international real estate organisation with cross border deal experience
• Experience in AIFMD Risk Management is essential, and Compliance or Audit in the financial sector in Luxembourg an advantage
• Knowledge of the regulatory framework applicable to Luxembourg funds (AIFMD)
• Knowledge of administration requirements and responsibilities of directors under Luxembourg law
• Aptitude for risk and compliance skills
• Practical experience of dealing with the CSSF would be considered an advantage
• Highly literate and articulate with excellent writing and presentation skills
• Good Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
• Fluent in English; Luxembourgish, French and German will be considered an advantage
• Positive, enthusiastic team player with a can-do attitude
• Pro-active self-starter; enjoying solving problems and finding innovative solutions
• Confident communicator and presenter at all levels, with excellent verbal and written skills
• Able to work under pressure with good time management skills
• Strong customer focus & service-oriented mindset
• Meticulous, with attention to detail and accuracy, and a thorough and tenacious approach
• Able to manage projects effectively, lead and motivate others to achieve milestones and outcomes
• High degree of sensitivity and confidentiality
• Aligned to values: principled, empathetic, collegiate, diligent, courageous, accountable, humble, committed, and spirited