KR Recruitment are delighted to be exclusively recruiting this Business Risk Manager role for a leading international Banking group. Working as support to the Front Office, in essence the link between Front Office and Compliance / Risk Departments. You will be a commercially minded control focused individual.
The role is a very commercial role, which supports the front office (Private Bankers / CRMs) in ensuring they can deliver outstanding results to customers but still ensure they are compliant. This role is the “First line of Defence” in making sure that the business activities are in line with the regulatory framework.
This role will give you a range of skills that will allow to move across the business in the coming years – you will control the activities in the front office but ensure that you are commercially aware in order to let business thrive in a controlled and compliant way.
- Ensure adherence to control framework: execution of ex-post controls with focus on internal processes and regulatory topics, monitoring of follow-up/resolution of operational alerts
- Production of regular reporting on daily/monthly controls and follow-up of detected issues with Customer Relationship Officers as required
- Performance of additional / ad-hoc reviews as needed
- Regular reporting on the internal control environment and potentially arising risks or issues
- Production of Risk Scorecards for employees of the Front team
- Review of Banking control and risk management activities for effectiveness
- Support of Banking risk assessments in coordination with the Second Line of DefenseInvolvement in various front office, operational and risk management projects as requested.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- University degree (bac+5), preferably in management, economics, finance
- At least 3 years’ experience in the private banking area
- General understanding of banking, including financial products, banking processes and systems
- General understanding of Risk Management processes and practices
- Control minded
- Well organized, autonomous and proficient with MS Office tools like Word and Excel
- Flexibility and ability to work independently on own initiative and as a member of a team
- Willingness to take ownership of issues, and proactively drive through solutions
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, while maintaining close attention to detail and with an ability to set priorities
- Good analytical and reporting skills – good excel knowledge is required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and French