Job Role :
Private Equity / Real Estate / Asset Management
€50,000 to €70,000 Per Annum
Contract Type :
Closing Date :
- At a high level, protect the firms interests by taking ownership of the compliance and tax aspects of Luxembourg holding companies allocated. This includes:
- Being attuned to the changing regulatory and tax landscape in Europe and in Luxembourg
- Understanding the requirements for maintaining our various tax structures and ensuring such requirements are met, including making sure regular board meetings and shareholder meetings are organized and held in Luxembourg, making sure detailed minutes are drafted and filed in the registered offices in Luxembourg and all documentary approval requirements complied with (including notices, agendas, papers, minutes, proxies and signatures)
- Ensuring compliance with the Luxembourg Operational Procedures, as amended from time to time, and generally ensuring the Luxembourg holding companies comply with applicable “substance” requirements
- Coordinate deals execution with finance directors, finance managers, London and US teams
- Build excellent working relationships with finance departments at our portfolio companie
- Understand fund flow deal documents, Luxembourg financing instruments used in all the structures and help in preparing accounting situations using the BOB accounting software for the companies where accounting is done in-house.
- Coordinate preparation of annual accounts, interim accounts, VAT returns and direct tax returns
- Making sure files are up to date in terms of documentation , RCS and various registers
- Provide a “best practice” corporate governance service to shareholders, directors (board and committees) and other stakeholders, which includes, but is not limited to co-ordinating the documentation for the following:
- dividend declarations
- share issues and transfers
- change of directors
- incorporation or dissolution of companies
- PEC and/or CPEC issues or redemptions
- Previous holding company accounting experience in a corporate services provider company, big 4 or an other private equity house.
- Good command of accounting, tax and legal related matters, very good Excel skills.
- Strong knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory framework in Luxembourg
- Experience in the private equity industry will be a plus.
- A professional qualification, preferably a qualified accountant
- Excellent command of and fluency in the English language, German, Luxembourgish, French being an advantage
- Ability to deal with complexity and excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with a focus on high quality output
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player; eager to learn and work with others in a dynamic environment.