KR Recruitment are delighted to be recruiting this Financial Controller role for a leading Global Alternative Investment Fund (AIFM). Based at their Luxembourg operation you will manage both the fund reporting, but more importantly you will be deliver the technical CSSF (Alternative) Investment Fund Reporting. Working within this prestigious and market leading asset manager, your career aspirations can truly be met and exceeded.
AIFM Finance and Central Administration Supervision (80%)
- Continuously ensure that the AIFM financial activities and operations and managed AIFs are fully compliant with all the relevant CSSF rules, and applicable regulations
- Preparation and submission of regularly quarterly and annual returns to the regulator and liaison with the regulator as required (SGOREP, AIFMD,…)
- Ensuring all financial regulatory requirements are met on an ongoing basis and advising the Conducting Officer of any potential future breaches
- Responsible for accounting for the AIFM including monthly financial reporting, annual statutory accounts, internal and external audits, and tax matters
- Providing oversight to the Conducting Officer (RMCO) supervising financial matters for all AIFs under management and so reinforcing the link between the AIFM board and Fund Accounting team
- Coordination of financial matters with internal and external counterparties on behalf of the AIFM board, including investments, cash repatriation and capital calls and report on monthly basis to the AIFM Executive Committee
- Work closely with internal professionals in Europe and UK to ensure review of offering documents, partnership agreements and other related contracts to assist capital raising efforts for new Funds or any capital transaction activity deal under the responsibilities of PMCO.
- Ensuring strong oversight over external financial counterparties (depositary and central administrator, auditor, branch manager, services providers, tax advisor, property valuer, banks as well as any other services undertaken by cross-border third party firms).
- Coordinate with the Conducting Officer on all regulatory matters related to finance and internal control to maintain level required to meet good corporate governance and full compliance with the AIFM policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and standards
Fund Accounting (20%)
- Monitoring the accounting for Luxembourg holding vehicles ensuring accuracy of numbers, completeness and timeliness of delivery
- Assist with repatriation of cash through Luxembourg to investors ensuring compliance with documentation and tax requirements
- Coordination of tax compliance (VAT, CIT and other) with service providers and advisors
- Potential to support fellow Luxembourg financial controller on other mandates on an ad hoc basis in order to manage specific periods of activity or absence.
The Person and Requirements of the role:
- You will have experience in an AIFM, Big 4 firm, Finance, Regulatory oversight or Account controlling position – preferably in a AIFM environment
- Good knowledge of the AIFM Luxembourg regulatory environment and all relevant rules, regulations and CSSF circulars (e.g. 18/698) is required
- Exposure to regulated (AIFM) real estate and/or private equity investment funds
- A high-quality education most likely to Master’s level in a finance-related discipline
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and skills, including IFRS and Luxembourg GAAP Recognised Chartered Accountancy qualification
- Fluent English