KR Recruitment are pleased to be assisting a global financial services group in their search for a Luxembourg based lawyer to assist their Luxembourg and Belgium Offices.
It is a wide ranging new role, reporting into the General Counsel in London, meaning you will work independently and need to be well - organised. You will also work closely with the local Risk and Compliance heads.
The role will require knowledge of both Luxembourg and Belgium law, and would suit someone with 5 + years experience who wants a broad in-house position.
You will be required to visit the Brussels office several times a month, though the position is based in Luxembourg.
• Local legal issues and horizon planning for new leglisative issues
• Legal, regulatory and corporate filings
• Company secretarial support
• Asessing compliance risks
• Ensure relevant training provided to embed a compliance culture
• Benelux legal projects and planning as they arise
You should be:
• A Belgian or Luxembourg qualified lawyer, or similar compliance professional
• Have some experience of both legal environments
• Have 5 years plus experience in a financial services environment
• Able to work closely with a range of legal and compliance stakeholders
• Take the initiative and manage your own workload
• Prepared to travel regularly to Belgium and occasionally elsewhere (subject to Covid19 restrictions)
This is an excellent role for someone looking for an in-house position with a wide range of work who is capable of managing a varied workload.
If you are interested in finding out more and to arrange a confidential discussion about the position and the work environment please contact Julian Evans, Director, with your cv and contact details.