Sales & Marketing
Job Role :
Commodities / Resources
To be negotiated
Contract Type :
Closing Date :
- Ensure operations do not start until a written contract has been sent out, or received from the counterparty as appropriate.
- Check trader deal sheet against contract, contact traders for corrections in case of discrepancies.
- Read and understand the contractual content, terms and conditions.
- Issue instructions to the relevant counterparties to execute the final contract, plus any amendments.
- Instruct LC for issuance/receipt of LCs as per contract.
- Check commercial aspects of drafted LC to ensure details match contractual terms and actual events.
- Amend LC terms to match the respective operational data and in any case ensure no delivery is affected without adequate financial security in place as specified in the contract.
- Ensure timely instruction for issue of outgoing invoice/process of incoming invoices.
- Nominate vessels under the contract agreed by the trader.
- Issue Documentary Instructions.
- Appoint inspectors for Quality and Quantity as per contractual requirements.
- Process purchase, sale and services invoices.
- Look for opportunities to optimise/save on demurrage.
- Clear the vessel with terminal and counterparties & vetting process through Charterers.
- Read and understand the fixture provided by Shipping Department.
- Issue instructions to the vessel via brokers - voyage orders/agents appointed/LOIs.
- Process all shipping invoices.
- Be able to spot a potentital issue or claim that may arise.
- Hilight to loss control potential issues/claims immediately.
- Analyse each voyage and work with loss control to assess incoming and outgoing claims.
- Procide post deal claims analysis - Analyse incoming and outgoing claims.
Coordination and data input
- Ensure correct and timely input of all details concerning the deal into trading system, DCTM and other systems.
- Ensure the deal in the system is correct and matches final contractual terms.
- Enter and update vessel movements, event dates, Q&Q, details for invoicing of goods plus costs for services.
- Ensure pricing details are correct, to enable prompt invoicing. Timely issue outgoing invoices.
- Check and allocate incoming invoices for cargoes and related costs.
- Ideally 7+ years’ experience within fuel oil operating within a medium-large company, there can be exceptions on the background you come from.
- If you have worked in oil before but have moved into operations they would look at somebody with 5+ years’ experience
- You need to be able to hit the ground running as this is a like for like replacement
- Fluency in English is required, additional languages would be a plus