Responsibilities and Duties:
The work will be carried out either in the company’s premises or on site at the customer premises in Luxembourg. Hereunder a detailed list describing some of the activities/deliverable of an Oracle DBA:
- Provide technical expertise on Oracle Database and Oracle Engineered Systems (ODA, Exadata, SuperCluster, etc.)
- Consulting on Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA)
- Ability to drive architecture design on customer projects and act as a trusted advisor on Oracle Database to deliver highly available and secured database environments
- Install, patch and maintain all Oracle Database and Enterprise Management software
- Design and implement a backup & recovery system using RMAN, Data Pump, etc.
- Implement Oracle failover technology with RAC, Data Guard, etc.
- Facilitate and actively participate in all phases of a project development life cycle: include requirements gathering and analysis, solution design and development, testing and implementation, post-production support and evolution
- Help customer on benchmark to identify bottlenecks, and provide guidance on tuning and optimization of Oracle Database, the underlying OS (Linux, Solaris) and storage;Develop accurate and concise written documentation
- Deliver trainings on Oracle Database and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Minimum of 10 years of proven experience on Oracle Database for Senior positions, or a minimum of 3 years of proven experience on Oracle Database for Junior positions
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle 9i to 11g with production support experience in a multi-project, multi-sites environment
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL including tuning
- Experience with Unix/Linux/Solaris in a multi-domain environment including advanced commands and shell scripting
- Oracle performance and tuning skills including server configuration and tracing facilities
- Good working knowledge of job scheduling and monitoring tools;Oracle Data Guard, RAC , ASM, RMAN, etc.
- Knowledge of storage management & networking
- Knowledge of system and software high availability
- Knowledge of Oracle Advanced Security Options and Dabatase Firewall is a plus;Knowledge of Golden Gate would be a plus
- Strong interest in designing complex, mission-critical and highly secure database solutions.
- Ability to work and communicate in an international and multi-cultural environment
- Professional approach when dealing with internal and external customers, including clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of initiative, accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under stressful circumstances
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in a complex global organization
- High aptitude for learning and high degree of self-motivation
- Acquire new competencies and accept new challenges
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Fluent in English and French.